Tuesday 11 January 2011

Today I am loving Stripes...

Stripes never seem to go out of fashion. Whether it is a Breton stripe top or whatever piece, I think everyone should have staple stripes in their wardrobe! I love the way Prada have updated stripes by adding a cool silhouette to their S/S 2011 collection:
Pretty brave colour blocking with stripes, and wearing stripes up top and bottom?. That's brave and it works-too cool! The blue and black stripes outfit below is my favourite. The crop jacket is beautiful-I want it, that dropped shoulder. Wonder how easy this would be to copy, hmmm? What is it made out of? Loving the sleeve in this collection. A casual style that is not intimidating-love it, love it, love it!
I prefer this to the power shoulder of 2010, my shoulders are pretty tough looking already and too much padding leaves me looking a little Schwarzenegger. Not a good look for me. Not being blessed with model proportions has left me in a dilemma-what to wear? Some days getting dressed is easy and other days it's so tough! I try to keep an updated style, interpreting fashion styles and mixing classic/vintage dressing, without looking like I have tried too hard, and as for high fashion dressing-I am afraid it is just never going to happen! I am however going to go have a rake in the wardrobe and dig out any stripes...
This interesting installation was gigantic, Paris-La Defance 2007
Deck chair stripes:

No comments:

Post a Comment